- Automotive Technician
- Automotive Technician Assistant
- Automotive Parts Person
- Break System Technician
- Suspension & Steering Technician
- Electrical/Electronic Systems Technician
- Engine Repair Technician
- An Automotive Technician can be expected to make between $23,607 and $57,463 a year
- Salary estimates are not guaranteed. Source:www.Salary.com
SunTech Business Office
4057 California St.
Brooksville, FL 34604
Watch Video about Suncoast Technical Center Automotive Program
This program helps to prepare the student for employment in the automotive mechanics field. Students learn to diagnose malfunctions, repair, adjust or replace parts of the automobile, restoring it to the conditions and specification recommended by the manufacturer. These services range from basic automotive maintenance to the latest computer controlled units.
- Automobile Services Assistor — 300 Hours
- Automotive Brake System Technician — 150 Hours
- Automobile Suspension & Steering Technician — 150 Hours
- Automotive Electrical/Electronic System Technician — 300 Hours
- Engine Repair Technician — 150 Hours
The State of Florida requires students to meet the basic skill level requirement prior to program completion.
The basic skills grade levels for this program are:
- Math: 10
- Language: 9
- Reading: 9
- Uniform: Work pants or shorts without chains or buttons (no cutoffs), shop top, oil and slip-resistant work shoes (closed toe), CLEAR safety glasses
A student must have passed all required courses in the program, attended at least ninety percent (90%) of the class hours offered and satisfied all financial obligations before he or she is eligible to receive a certificate of completion for the program.
Tuition: $2.92 per program hour (1,050 Hours)
*Tuition and all fees are subject to change - refer to supply list for pricing
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 4 - 9pm (70 weeks)
Nature Coast Technical High School
4057 California Street, Brooksville, FL 34604