Learn how to challenge the C.N.A. Certification test for the state of Florida and prepare for immediate employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant, working under the supervision
of a licensed medical professional. (This is a prep class, not the full C.N.A. Board of Nursing certification program).
- Fundamentals of Nursing Assistant including legal and ethical aspects
- The Patient – who we care for
- Patient Assessment
- Assisting with Care Needs and rehabilitative activities
- Knowledge of blood borne diseases
- CPR/AED and First Aid training
- Personal patient care and patient care procedures
- Care for geriatric patients
- Apply the principles of infection control specific to C.N.A.’s
- Test-taking preparation
- Basic C.N.A. requirements — 30 Hours
- CPR/AED and First Aid training — 5 Hours
Uniform: Royal blue Scrub top/bottoms, white or black athletic shoes (no Crocs),
a watch with a second hand.
35 Hours, *Minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirement is 70%. No makeup days.
*Tuition and all fees are subject to change - *Additonal costs for background screening and Prometric testing are not part of the
Monday and Wednesday 6 - 8:30pm (7 weeks)
Central High School
14075 Ken Austin Parkway, Brooksville, FL 34613
“The Hernando County School District prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, sex,
religion, national origin, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability in any of its programs, services or activities.”