- Welder Assistant
- Welder SMAW
- Students will be prepared to take an AWS (American Welding Society) Exam
- Welder, Solder, Brazer can be expected to make between $21,630 and $82,350 a year
- Salary estimates are not guaranteed. Source:www.Salary.com
SunTech Business Office
4057 California St.
Brooksville, FL 34604
Watch Video about Suncoast Technical Center Welding Program
This program includes classroom and shop instruction and prepares students for employment in the welding industry. The course is multi-tiered and students entering this program will develop the knowledge and skills, both basic and intermediary, for employment in Shielded Metal ArcWelding, Gas Metal ArcWelding, Flux-CoreArcWelding and Gas Tungsten ArcWelding to professional competency. The training includes but is not limited to, use of blueprints and/or shop drawings, use of gases and/or welding processes according to diagram, blueprints orwritten specifications.
- Welder Assistant 1 — 150 Hours
- Welder Assistant 2 — 150 Hours
- Welder, SMAW 1 — 150 Hours
- Welder, SMAW 2 — 150 Hours
- Welder — 450 Hours
The State of Florida requires students to meetthe basic skill level requirement priorto program completion.
The basic skills grade levels forthis program are:
- Math: 9
- Language: 9
- Reading: 9
- Uniform: Closed toe shoes, Dickie’s work wear
A student must have passed all required courses in the program, attended at least ninety percent (90%) of the class hours offered, and satisfied all financial obligations before he or she is eligible to receive a certificate of completion for the program.
Tuition: $2.92 per program hour (1,050 Hours)
*Tuition and all fees are subject to change - refer to supply list for pricing
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 4 - 9pm (70 weeks)
Central High School
14075 Ken Austin Parkway, Brooksville, FL 34613